I gave the Larry’s Top Ten Agile and Scrum Myths talk to the Java Users’ Group in Phoenix recently and people have asked me what the top 10 myths are. I have posted a copy of the powerpoint, but for quick reference, I have listed below.
- Myth #1 – Agile is a Framework/Methodology
- Myth#2 – Agile Means No Documentation
- Myth#3 – Agile is Less Disciplined / Easy
- Myth#4 – You Can Achieve Agility Without Organizational Change
- Myth#5 – Agile is Scrum
- Myth#6 – Scrum Will Lead to “Hyperperforming” Teams
- Myth #7 – You Must Get 100% of all Stories Complete or You’ve Failed
- Myth #8 – Scrum Master = Project Manager
- Myth #9 – We Can Do Scrum Without a Product Owner or Many P.O.s
- Myth #10 – With Scrum We Can Make Changes Whenever We Feel Like It
Now feel free to rip into these as you wish!